Dry Aged Clubsteak matured in whisky
Category: Meat dish
Preparation time: 120 min
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator one to two hours before roasting and let them adjust to room temperature.
- Salt the steaks with a good salt (e.g. rock salt, pyramid salt or fleur de sel) 15 minutes before browning to increase the roast aroma. Do not pepper the steaks before searing, as the pepper will become bitter during searing.
- Before frying, preheat a heavy, thick-walled pan or the grill to the highest possible temperature.
- Add high-heat oil (e.g. rapeseed oil or clarified butter) to the pan or griddle.
- Then sear the steaks on both sides for one minute.
- Then place the steaks in the oven or in a less hot place on the grill. Cook in the oven at 80 degrees convection or on the grill at about 120 degrees. Click here for the cooking levels.
- As soon as the steaks have the desired core temperature, place them on a plate and let them rest for five minutes.
- Now season the steaks with pepper. Ready.
- Before browning on the barbecue, the coals should be completely burnt through.
- Olive oil makes the meat even more tender.
Author: De Lorenzo Gardinal Benjamin