Vanilla ice cream
Preparation time: 90 min
- First of all, we take the vanilla pod and cut it open lengthwise, then we remove the pulp from the vanilla pod with a tablespoon.
- Then beat the vanilla pulp, the three egg yolks and the sugar until frothy.
- Heat the scraped out vanilla pod together with the milk in a small saucepan.
- Once the milk is warm, slowly stir in the egg mixture.
- Stir and simmer gently until the mixture thickens.
- Then remove the pot from the heat source, remove the vanilla pod and allow the vanilla mixture to cool.
- Now whip the cream until stiff and fold it into the cooled mixture.
- Finally, we need to transfer the vanilla ice cream mixture into a bowl. Then put it in the fridge and stir every half hour until the ice cream is firm.
If you have an ice cream maker, you can also freeze the ice cream mixture there.
- Once the vanilla ice cream is frozen, you can enjoy it with coffee, hot raspberries, a shot of eggnog or with a fruit salad.
Author: De Lorenzo Gardinal Benjamin